An exciting opportunity has come up to join Frauscher UK, a small subsidiary of Frauscher Sensor Technology – a global organisation that has been forging new and innovative paths in the global railway industry for over 30 years.
Our mission: To generate more relevant information with less effort!
Based in our office in Farnborough, Frauscher UK offers a diverse and vibrant place to work with an agile, supportive and open culture where our staff are never afraid to bring new ideas. We are passionate about our people and encourage career and personal development and learning.
We are looking for an Applications Engineer to join the Engineering team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Applications Engineer will work alongside the Lead Applications Engineer to ensure compliance with customer requirements, standards and specifications.
The ideal candidate will have engineering experience within the signalling & railway industry, a self-starter with great teamwork skills and will be qualified to degree level.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist with and undertake Applicaiton Engineering activities and/or service deliverable; ensuring compliance with customer requirements, applicable standards, specification, processes and procedures.
- Facilitate internal meetings
- Work within a records/document management system
- Manage and communicate Application Engineering issues
- Identify and share best pratices
- Produce technical reports
- Provide technical support to other departments
- Supporting Project Engineering delivery as required, including possibilites to go trackside for fault investigation
- Signal and Railway Engineering experience
- Engineering Degree
- IRSE License Assistant Designer (or working towards)
- Associated Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body
- Personal Track Safety AC DCCR
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Work within a team ut also be self-motivated
- Open to regular travel, occasional night and weekeng working
What we offer
- Sage Benefits - offering a variety of discounts for shops, holidays and restaurants
- Employee Assistance programme - including access to an online GP
- BUPA personal healthcare
- LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Competitive pension
- Opportunity to work as part of a social and innovative company
- Regular social events (even in lockdown - digitally) such as Christmas and summer party and days out organised by our social committee
- Agile and open corporate culture
- Flexible working
- Personal developement encouraged
- Working with an international team