An exciting opportunity has come up to join Frauscher UK, a small subsidiary of Frauscher Sensor Technology – a global organisation that has been forging new and innovative paths in the global railway industry for over 30 years.
Our mission: To generate more relevant information with less effort!
Based in our office in Farnborough, Frauscher UK offers a diverse and vibrant place to work with an agile, supportive and open culture where our staff are never afraid to bring new ideas. We are passionate about our people and encourage career and personal development and learning.
The Applications Engineer will report to the Lead Applications Engineer and will be undertaking application activities to ensure compliance with customer requirements, standards, specifications, processes, and procedures.
The successful candidate must have a 'hands on' approach and a willingness to get stuck into other engineering activities as and when required. They will be self-motivated, qualified to degree level in a STEM subject and a high attention to detail.
Your main Roles and Responsibilities
- Undertake application engineering activities ensuring compliance with customer requirements, applicable standards, specifications, processes and procedures
- Preparing, generating and verifying configuration for safety critical systems
- Control of changes including configuration version control/record management
- Accurate extraction of information from customer documents
- Clarification of requirements with customers
- Production of technical documentation in accordance with the company/customer specifications
- Testing of configuration and new product features
- Clarifications internally, including with head office in Austria
- Identifying and sharing best practices
- Provide technical support to other departments
You are just right for this role if
- You have previous Railway engineering experience (preferably in signalling) and configuration writing experience
- You have a degree in a STEM subject, HND or equivalent work experience
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are self-motivated, but also work well in a team
- You can easily work to deadlines, are highly accurate, pay close attention to detail and have strong checking and critical review skills
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- 8% employer pension
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- BUPA personal healthcare
- Discretionary annual bonus (based on company performance)
- LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Free Specsavers eye tests
- Company iPhone
- Sage Benefits – offering a variety of discounts for shops, holidays and restaurants
- Employee Assistance programme – including access to an online GP
- Hybrid home-office blend after initial training, including the tech setup to support great home and in-office work
- Time for training and personal development each week
- Bookable workstations included seated and standing desks, quiet work and collaboration spaces
- Healthy snacks and drinks plus regular work lunches and breakfasts
- Opportunity to work as part of a social and innovative company
- Regular social events such as Christmas and summer celebrations and days out
- Agile and open corporate culture
- Working with and in an international team