An exciting opportunity has come up to join Frauscher UK, a small subsidiary of Frauscher Sensor Technology – a global organisation that has been forging new and innovative paths in the global railway industry for over 30 years.
Our mission: To generate more relevant information with less effort!
Based in our office in Farnborough, Frauscher UK offers a diverse and vibrant place to work with an agile, supportive and open culture where our staff are never afraid to bring new ideas. We are passionate about our people and encourage career and personal development and learning.
We are looking for an Engineer to join the Engineering team. Reporting to the Senior Engineer, the Engineer will undertake Frauscher UK engineering activities and will be the lead on small to medium-sized projects in the delivery phase.
The ideal candidate will have mechanical or electrical engineering background, keen to learn about our industry and technology, be a self-starter with great teamwork skills and will be qualified to degree level.
Your main roles and responsibilities
- Assist with engineering activities to ensure compliance with customer requirements, applicable standards, specification, processes and procedures
- Support on trial installation (planning, organising, execution)
- Provide general technical after-sales support to clients (like as Alstom, Siemens and Network Rail)
- Assess, troubleshoot and resolve root causes of issues
- Support the repair process
- Manage and communicate engineering issues in the team and with the HQ
- Identify and share best practices through continuous review and/or lessons learnt
- Produce technical reports to support project deliverables
- Provide technical support for exhibitions
- Provide technical support to other departments
You are just right for this role if
- You have 3+ years Engineering experience
- You have achieved a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree or similar engineering experience
- You have great report writing and presentation skills
- You have outstanding communication skills, a can-do attitude and are keen to learn new things
- You are adaptable and enjoy finding solutions to problems
- You are comfortable with regular travel around the UK, and flexible to work occasional night and weekend shifts
What we offer
- Competitive Salary package
- 8% employer pension
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- BUPA personal healthcare
- LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Free Specsavers eye tests
- Company iPhone 12
- Sage Benefits – offering a variety of discounts for shops, holidays and restaurants
- Employee Assistance programme – including access to an online GP
- Hybrid Home-Office blend after initial training, including the tech setup to support great home and in-office work
- Time for training and personal development each week
- Bookable workstations included seated and standing desks, quiet work and collaboration spaces
- Healthy snacks and drinks plus regular work lunches and breakfasts
- Opportunity to work as part of a social and innovative company
- Regular social events such as Christmas and summer celebrations and days out
- Agile and open corporate culture
- Working with and in an international team