An exciting opportunity has come up to join Frauscher UK, the UK subsidiary of Frauscher Sensor Technology – a global organisation that has been forging new and innovative paths in the global railway industry for over 30 years.
Our mission: to generate more relevant information with less effort!
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Graduate Engineer will work towards becoming an integral member of Frauscher UK engineering team. The scheme will emphasise on development activities such that you will be expected to be a lead on small to medium-sized projects.
Personal development is highly encouraged at Frauscher UK, and as such you will be expected to work towards Incorporated Engineer status. As part of your development, you will also have the opportunity to work with the teams in our head offices in Austria, as well as the opportunity to travel to another global location of your choosing at the end of the graduate programme.
- Assist with/Untertake engineering activities to ensure compliance with customer requirements, applicable standards, specification, processes and procedures
- Facilitate internal & external meetings
- Produce technical reports
- Provide technical support to other departments incl. Sales and operations but not limited too
- Work towards Incorporated Engineer status
- Degree in Electronic, Computer or other relevant engineering subjects
- Excellent communicaiton and time management skills
- Focused systematic approach and team player
- IRSE License Assistant Designer (or working towards)
- Associated Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognized professional body
- Some experience in a customer-facing situation (even if part-time role)
- Regular travel within the UK and some international travel
What we offer
- Competitive salary (based on skills and experience) & pension
- Opportunity to work as part of a social and innovative company
- Regular social events (even in lockdown - digitally) such as Christmas and summer party and days out organised by our social commitee
- Agile and open corporate culture
- Flexible working hours
- Personal development encouraged