An exciting opportunity has come up to join Frauscher UK, a small subsidiary of Frauscher Sensor Technology – a global organisation that has been forging new and innovative paths in the global railway industry for over 30 years.
Our mission: To generate more relevant information with less effort!
Based in our office in Farnborough, Frauscher UK offers a diverse and vibrant place to work with an agile, supportive and open culture where our staff are never afraid to bring new ideas. We are passionate about our people and encourage career and personal development and learning.
As an Instructional Designer for Frauscher standard products and solutions, you will design world-class online deliverables and establish learning pathways that promote professional development and technical expertise for external audiences across the globe.
You will work with subject matter experts to identify your target audiences training needs and apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods that facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner. You'll be expected to build up an international eLearning team, manage and develop the new eLearning department.
- Building up and manage an international eLearning team. Develop the eLearning department with its core tasks and embed it to the Frauscher landscape
- Combine learning structure, storytelling and design frameworks to deliver original, impactful learning experiences to our customers
- Define learning outcomes and devise assessments, practice opportunities and knowledge transfer interactions
- Create and present compelling ideas, prototypes and storyboards
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs. Working collaboratively with the Content Developers and Trainers of all locations
- Identifying learning needs for a global and diverse audience
- Applying your deep understanding of pedagogical principles when creating content
- Be at the forefront of emerging industry trends, new technologies, concepts and techniques
- Support and drive the implementation of a new LMS tool
- Instructional design knowledge, expertise and experience
- Experience in leadership and building up a team
- Creative. The status quo is not a status quo for you. You can turn accepted wisdom on its head and come up with bold new ideas.
- Minimum 5 years experience working with technical products (hardware or software)
- Very good eye for detail
- Curiosity to get to an underlying business problem or issue and ensure you provide the best solution to clients
- Exposure to and/or an understanding of Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- The ability to work in an agile and collaborative way
- Experience within the e-learning or educational space allowing you to hit the ground running remotely
- Bachelor's level degree, preferably in a relevant field such as instructional design, educational technology or organizational developement, etc.
- Experience designing content using authoring tools
- Demonstrated experience in learning needs analysis, developing training content, delivery and building meaningful metrics in a short timeframe
- Proven track record for delivering results on large, cross-functional, international milestone projects
- Other requirements: travel may be required
What we offer
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays
- Competative salary
- 8% employer pension
- BUPA personal healthcare
- LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Company iPhone 12
- Flexible working (with the option of working from home two days per week after covid)
- Sage Benefits – offering a variety of discounts for shops, holidays and restaurants
- Employee Assistance programme – including access to an online GP
- Opportunity to work as part of a social and innovative company
- Regular social events (even in lockdown - digitally) such as Christmas and summer party and days out organised by our social committee
- Agile and open corporate culture
- Time for training and personal development each week
- Working with and in an international team