An exciting opportunity has come up to join Frauscher UK, a small subsidiary of Frauscher Sensor Technology – a global organisation that has been forging new and innovative paths in the global railway industry for over 30 years.
Our mission: To generate more relevant information with less effort!
Based in our office in Farnborough, Frauscher UK offers a diverse and vibrant place to work with an agile, supportive and open culture where our staff are never afraid to bring new ideas. We are passionate about our people and encourage career and personal development and learning.
We are looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer to join the Engineering team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Solutions Engineer will work alongside the Engineering team and the Sales & BD manager on all engineering bids and tendering activities.
The ideal candidate will have engineering experience within the signalling & railway industry, a self-starter with great teamwork skills and will be qualified to degree level. They will be agile, deadline-driven, take an analytical approach to their work and feel comfortable representing the company when working with clients.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead engineering bids and tendering activities to ensure compliance with customer requirements, applicable standards, specification, processes and procedures. Plan, monitor, and control a programme of activity for bid and tender opportunities.
- Work closely with the Head of Sales and Business Development to establish relationships with existing and potential customers and explaining the benefits of Frauscher solutions.
- Ensure innovation and value engineering is applied to all proposals.
- Be a key player within the Business Development organisation and support the growth of the Engineering team.
- Work closely with the Product Interface Engineer and provide technology strategy guidance, to assist in the production of internal roadmaps to ensure that our solutions meet our end customers needs.
- Facilitate internal & external meetings on the lead up to a project award or order.
- Provide a robust handover beteween Solution Engineering to Project Engineering as well as manage and communicate engineering issues to the Engineering Manager.
- Identify and share best practices through continuous review and/or lessons learnt - where appropriate update process descriptions.
- Produce technical reports to support a tender submission.
- Provide technical leadership and governance and mentorship to junior members of the engineering team.
- Ensure technical standards are maintained and lead standard briefings.
- Presentation and report writing skills
- Signal and Railway Engineering experience
- Personal Track Safety AC DCCR
- Engineering Degree
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards)
- IRSE Licence Engineer Manager (Projects) (or working towards)
- Associated Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body
- Excellent communication, leadership and time management skills
- Analytical and deadline-driven
- Open to regular travel and occasional weekend working
What we offer
- Sage Benefits - offering a variety of discounts for shops, holidays and restaurants
- Employee Assistance programme - including access to an online GP
- BUPA personal healthcare
- LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Competitive pension
- Opportunity to work as part of a social and innovative company
- Regular social events (even in lockdown - digitally) such as Christmas and summer party and days out organised by our social committee
- Agile and open corporate culture
- Flexible working
- Personal developement encouraged
- Working with an international team