An exciting opportunity has come up to join Frauscher UK, a small subsidiary of Frauscher Sensor Technology – a global organisation that has been forging new and innovative paths in the global railway industry for over 30 years.
Our mission: To generate more relevant information with less effort!
Based in our office in Farnborough, Frauscher UK offers a diverse and vibrant place to work with an agile, supportive and open culture where our staff are never afraid to bring new ideas. We are passionate about our people and encourage career and personal development and learning.
We are looking for a Technical Trainer to join the Academy team. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Technical Trainer will be responsible for delivering remote and instructor-led training to our UK and Ireland based clients as well as supporting the global eLearning team in the development of eLearning and blended learning courses for global customers. The Technical Trainer will also be responsible for the creation of our eLearning courses, and the face of the UK for our customers learning.
The ideal candidate will hold an engineering degree and have experience within the signalling & railway industry. They will be a self-starter with great teamwork and a can-do attitude, agile, and deadline-driven. And will be someone who is confident and enjoys demonstrating products and delivering training both in front of a camera and directly with clients.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Deliver webinars and instructor-led training to a variety of technical audiences, both one-to-one sessions and large groups. Taking complex technical concepts and simplifying them into training content or product guides for a variety of audiences and levels.
- Develop learning objective oriented courses for our clients and contribute to lifecycle management by including feedback and assessment results.
- Contribute and provide product research, subject matter expertise, and training content review for all learning environments including eLearning. Ensuring course descriptions, syllabi, and other collaterals pertaining to customer training remain up-to-date in our Learning Management System.
- Liaise with customers to develop and deliver bespoke training courses, which may include product-specific training and eLearning courses.
- Be the face and voice for all our eLearning courses – creating great eLearning resources.
- Work closely with product managers to support the training of new products to market.
- Create multimedia training & common faults analysis that can be used online and with our customers. Takeing ownership of frequently asked questions in your training session with the customer and forward those to our R&D Team.
- Work in tandem with the global eLearning team to create eLearning courses for our new global Learning Management System and provide support for global training content development efforts, providing subject matter expertise and eLearning content review.
- Two or more years of experience as a technical trainer, sales engineer, professional services consultant or equivalent technical position and an engineering degree
- Technical writing & illustration for both internal and external customers
- Experience in the creation of training material and content for both internal and external users
- Railway experience
- Experience of eLearning protocols and knowledge of online training
- Confident in front of a camera with strong presentation skills
- Excellent working with new digital tools and MS office and a basic knowledge of an eLearning authoring tool and a Learning Management System
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with confidence at communicating at all levels
- Personal Skills like flexibility, creativity and innovativeness
- Highly organised, self-motivated team player with a proactive approach and demonstrates initiative
What we offer
- Sage Benefits - offering a variety of discounts for shops, holidays and restaurants
- Employee Assistance programme - including access to an online GP
- BUPA personal healthcare
- LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Competitive pension
- Opportunity to work as part of a social and innovative company
- Regular social events (even in lockdown - digitally) such as Christmas and summer party and days out organised by our social committee
- Agile and open corporate culture
- Flexible working
- Personal developement encouraged
- Working with an international team