An exciting opportunity has come up to join Frauscher UK, a small subsidiary of Frauscher Sensor Technology – a global organisation that has been forging new and innovative paths in the global railway industry for over 30 years.
Our mission: To generate more relevant information with less effort!
Based in our office in Farnborough, Frauscher UK offers a diverse and vibrant place to work with an agile, supportive and open culture where our staff are never afraid to bring new ideas. We are passionate about our people and encourage career and personal development and learning.
We are keen to recruit Engineering Manager to lead the engineering team and all upcoming engineering topics between the customer and Frauscher and to ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day engineering function.
Your main Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of engineers to triage customer reported issues and identify potential root causes.
- Solve complex, multifaceted technical problems working with the appropriate engineering teams here in the UK and Austria.
- Improve service level efficiencies through process refinements and workflow optimisations.
- Convey timely status on escalated issues.
- Manage and organise all trails (concept, delivery and review).
- Produce technical reports.
- Sustain and improve engineering competency management.
- Manage and communicate engineering issues and building up internal QMS processes.
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Manage the Engineering function budget.
- Manage and drive engineering activities to ensure compliance with customer requirements, applicable standards, specifications, processes and procedures.
- Facilitate internal & external meeting with customers.
- Ensure technical stanards are maintained.
- Work with other departments and locations to provide technical support when required.
- Be the process owner for the Engineering function.
- Regular UK customer site visits.
- Occasional night shifts & weekends (very low occurrence).
Essential Skills / Experience
- Engineering Degree
- Previous leadership experience with a customer focused Engineering organisation
- Proven success working directly with customers within a technology company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work optimally in a team environment
- Experience in managing team and processes
- Excellent presentation skills coupled with a leadership presence
- Excellent time management skills and a strong sense of urgency
- Initiative and desire to learn new skills/technologies and remain up-to-date with the latest trends, real passion for solving technical problems
- Experience in the Railway sector (not essential)
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- 8% employer pension
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- BUPA personal healthcare
- Discretionary annual bonus (based on company performance)
- LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Free Specsavers eye tests
- Sage Benefits – offering a variety of discounts for shops, holidays and restaurants
- Employee Assistance programme – including access to an online GP
- Hybrid home-office blend after initial training, including the tech setup to support great home and in-office work
- Time for training and personal development each week
- Bookable workstations included seated and standing desks, quiet work and collaboration spaces
- Healthy snacks and drinks plus regular work lunches and breakfasts
- Opportunity to work as part of a social and innovative company
- Regular social events such as Christmas and summer celebrations and days out
- Agile and open corporate culture
- Working with and in an international team